Davis Transfer Company has the people, equipment, and technology to service your truckload needs. We offer the personalized service without the bureaucracy of a mega carrier. Our people are knowledgeable and learn the intricacies of each customer which empowers our staff to handle any problem that may arise.
The family owned nature of our company offers our employees a friendly and relaxed environment, but don’t be misled, we are a hard working, dedicated team that strives for outstanding performance.
- Late model fleet of 250 tractors equipped with Qualcomm satellite messaging and tracking
- Over 800 trailers equipped with Skybitz satellite tracking equipment
- Drivers average 2,300-2,600 miles per week and most drivers are home every weekend if they prefer
- Terminals in Carnesville, GA, Valdosta, GA, and Lakeland, FL.
We are currently hiring in Georgia (Entire State), South Carolina (85 Corridor), Houston, TX, Florida (Entire State), Eastern Alabama, and the Nashville/Chattanooga,TN area.
Our Traffic Lanes
Our primary traffic lanes are Georgia, Florida, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and out to Texas. The average length of haul is 425 miles.
- All of our trucks are 2011 (or newer) Freightliner Cascadia’s
- Our trucks come equipped with a personal refrigerator
- Condo (Double Bunk) Sleepers
- Auxiliary Power Units (APU)
- Luxury Air-ride Seats
- Smart Drive
- Minimum 23 years of age
- Minimum 2 year tractor/trailer experience within last 5 years
- No more than 3 moving violations in last 3 years
- Good reference – Stable work history
- Valid class (A) CDL
- Able to pass DOT physical, drug test and other evaluations
- No DUI, DWI, alcohol related, or reckless convictions in the last 5 years
- No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3 years
- Cannot have 5 moving violations in 5 years
- No drug offense convictions
- No felony convictions