Davis Transfer Company services the dry, truckload market of the trucking industry. We maintain a fleet of over 250 tractors and almost 800 trailers and have been in the trucking business for almost 60 years. Our terminals are located in Carnesville, GA, Valdosta, GA, and Lakeland, FL.
Our goal is to provide 100% satisfaction to each of our customers. We provide the personal touch to handle each load with care and precision. In transportation, there are many obstacles and challenges. Our dedicated team of customer service representatives, driver managers, load planners, and maintenance staff provide 24/7 support to ensure that each load is handled appropriately in order to ensure on-time performance.
We utilize many sources of technology that link a load in transit to the consignee, shipper and customer to provide information about the status of each load. Both our tractors, as well as our trailers, are equipped with satellite tracking equipment that provides the exact location of every load in transit. In addition, we are fully equipped with all transportation EDI transaction sets that allow us to communicate this information electronically if requested.
We seek to form strategic partnerships with our customers where we can be successful. Our service patterns are well defined and provide density in the lanes where you need it most.
- Trailers equipped with SkyBitz tracking technology
- ELDs (Qualcomms) in all tractors
- SmartDrive video technology in all company trucks
- Meritor Wabco OnGuard Lane Departure technology
- EDI capabilities
- 2016 SmartWay Excellence Award recipient
- Satisfactory FMCSA safety rating
- Low BASIC CSA scores
- Regulated hiring criteria for drivers
- 24/7 operations
- Dedicated customer service representatives
- Southeast support
- Storage trailer rental options
- Terminals in Carnesville, GA, Valdosta, GA, and Lakeland, FL
- Drop Yards in Gaffney, SC, Ellenwood, GA, Pooler, GA, and Jacksonville, FL
- Dedicated to your success- check out our awards below!